Personal information we collect
Jo Long Consulting collects different amounts of information from you depending upon how you interact with Jo Long Consulting. When subscribing to our mailing lists, we will collect information such as name and email address. When contacting us about a service offering, we will collect information such as name, email, company name, contact number, business address, and website. Collecting this type of information helps us provide the most relevant content to you.
When you use our website we collect information about how you use the site, this helps us ensure that our website is easier to use and has useful content. It allows us to ensure that page content is returned quickly and that the journey of the site is well maintained.
Overall, we may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer, your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit, entry & exit points and number of page views)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our mailing lists (including name and email address)
- Information about how you interact with our emails (including opens, clicks and preference information)
- Any other information that you choose to send to us
- This information will be stored in our CRM application as well as trusted third-party suppliers.
Cookies and Analytics
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server, this enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Jo Long Consulting may use both session and persistent cookies on the website, we will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you return.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools –> Internet Options –> Privacy –> Block all cookies, then using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, may have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
Using your personal information
Personal information submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy notice or in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send you services purchased via the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business, where you have specifically agreed to this (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Deal with enquiries and complaints, made by you, relating to the website
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing without your express consent.
We won’t sell or rent information about you.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
Except as provided in this privacy notice, we will not provide your information to third parties.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information, we continually adapt our security measures in line with technological progress and developments.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password protected and firewall protected) servers, administrative access is restricted and the use of two-factor authentication is used by default. All information will be stored within our CRM application that is based within the UK.
We send emails to customers and mailing list subscribers. You control what communications you receive and can unsubscribe from mailing lists at any time by using the link in the email received. Customers will still receive important information, alerts and notices relating to their account.
Jo Long Consulting maintains a strict opt-in policy in regard to its email communications. We only send email to individuals who have subscribed or as part of an ongoing relationship we have with an individual or business.
Your right to control what communications, if any, you receive from Jo Long Consulting is important to us. The information below will assist you in understanding the different options you have, and how you can notify us of changes in the communications you wish to receive or to unsubscribe in general.
Though we may include announcements from partners or other third parties in some communications, we do not provide email addresses to third parties.
If you believe you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com for review.
The content you receive can be tailored to your subscription preferences as follows:
- Events – Invites to events and webinars we are hosting
- Blogs – Highlighting blog posts relevant to your interests
- Case Studies – Highlighting success from other brands close to your level of sophistication
- Product Awareness – Occasional updates highlighting products for email marketing and how to leverage them for your success
Changing your subscription preferences
You can update your communications preferences at any time by following the convenient links located at the bottom of our emails. Requests submitted in this manner are processed and effective immediately.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org with your unsubscribe request. Please be aware that unsubscribe requests submitted in this manner will take longer to process and will not be effective immediately.
Privacy notice updates
When we send you emails, we may include a tracking image and web analytics code to allow us to determine the number of people who have interacted with our emails. When you click on a link in an email, we may record this individual response to allow us to customise our offerings to you. This tracking collects only limited information such as webpage viewed, time and date.
Privacy notice amendments
This privacy notice will be updated from time to time and the latest version will always be on our website. If significant changes are made which may impact you, we will also notify these changes in advance via email.
You can instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you by emailing your request to email@example.com.
Right to object to direct marketing
You can instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time by using the unsubscribe link in a marketing email you receive or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Right to update or correct information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by emailing email@example.com.
Right to be forgotten
You have the right to ask us to delete the personal information that we have about you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your information for the period necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be processed further, whichever is the longer.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
The information controller responsible for our website is Jo Long Consulting.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal information, please contact email@example.com.